SA Gift Guide Insurance
• When booking-in a device (cellphone, laptops, tablets, all appliances and electronics), it must be done by an individual who is over the age of 18 years old. Correct contact details must be provided.
• Do not send in any storage media, such as SIM or Memory Card.
• If your device has a lock code, security code, FMI (Find my iPhone), Google Lock or any other FRP (Factory Reset Protection) lock services, kindly ensure that you deactivate it before booking in your device for repairs. This will ensure that you avoid any unnecessary delays or additional costs.
• Your device data will be deleted (as required by the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act) at the point of book-in. Therefore, it is crucial that you secure your data by backing up your data such as (contact numbers, photos, information of high importance and/or personal, sentimental value) before booking in your device. Unless otherwise requested and lock code/security code is provided.
• You are required to provide proof of purchase as this will serve as your implied warranty initiation date.
• The physical condition of your device is always taken into consideration before any warranty decisions are made.
• Devices booked in with cracked/ damaged parts, the parts may suffer further damage during assessment.
• Safety of your device during transit -
• Please ensure that you package your device in a safe and secure manner to prevent
any damage during transport.
• Please ensure all shipping documents are printed and signed prior to the courier
company collecting the device.
WHAT IS DEEMED AS A REPAIR:
Repairing the device may include component replacement, software reloads, settings etc.
Applicable to All Repairs
• In order to protect your property, repaired devices will only be returned to you upon presentation of your signed job receipt.
• Devices must be collected by the individual whose details appear on the job card. In the event that such is collected by another person, on behalf of the aforementioned individual, the recipient must present a letter completed by the individual whose details appear on the job card.
• Accessories (battery, charger, micro SD card, etc.) must not be booked-in with the device unless it is required during the repair process. SA GIFT GUIDE will not be held responsible for any loss of SIM card, battery, charger or any other accessory booked-in unnecessarily. Please retain your SIM card and do not book this in with the device at any time.
• Please note that sim cards and memory cards may be cleared and destroyed if such accompany the device to SA GIFT GUIDE. GIFT GUIDE does not accept any liability in the form of replacement of such accessories or sim cards booked in with the device.
• SA GIFT GUIDE shall not accept liability for the replacement of any screen guards that may be present on a booked in device and damaged or removed during the assessment or repair process.
• SA GIFT GUIDE shall be deemed authorised to replace parts and materials as necessary to complete the repair on warranty devices. However, any out of warranty devices (due to physical damage and/or lapse of warranty) a quotation will be generated. Devices not collected within 90 days of the 1st collection notification sent to you, shall become the property of the SA GIFT GUIDE. The relevant device, being owned by SA GIFT GUIDE pursuant to these terms and conditions, may be sold after the 90-day period to defray costs, including but not limited storage costs.
• All repairs undertaken, except for those in respect of corrosion and/or liquid damage, are guaranteed against faulty workmanship for a maximum period of 3 (three) months from the date that the consumer received notification to collect a device and not from the point of actual collection by the consumer.
• On request, SA GIFT GUIDE can provide a back-up service. Such services shall attract a service fee.
• SA GIFT GUIDE shall under no circumstances, be held responsible for any damage, loss and/or expense arising out of or connected with the manufacturer product liability, faulty design and/or latent faulty workmanship or materials in the products and/or spare parts and for any consequential and/or unforeseen losses of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising.
OUT OF WARRANTY
• These repairs will be conducted as per the requirements set out by the manufacturer and Brand warranty and guarantee.
• All out of warranty repairs will be subject to a written quotation.
• Any quote for repairs shall be valid 7 (seven) calendar days. A deposit fee 'may' be required. Upfront payment is required during promotion/service days.
• Out of Warranty Repairs costs will be payable by the customer before the device can be released - your device will not be released until payment has been received in full.
• Should the repair be covered by insurance; this repair will adhere to the terms and conditions for insurance.
• All warranty replacement/repairs undertaken by SA GIFT GUIDE are covered under the specific manufacturer warranty. Device Warranty and Agreement - (Huawei, Nokia, OPPO, Vivo, Xiaomi):
• The warranty on all devices is provided by the relevant device manufacturers. Therefore, the warranty period which is usually between 6 and 36 months will be subject to the
manufacturer's terms and conditions. Please kindly ensure that you refer to the
manufacturer's warranty guide for more information.
• The warranty applied on a device starts on the date of purchase, printed on the original invoice or delivery note.
• A standard 90-day workmanship warranty applies to all non-liquid related repairs.
• SA GIFT GUIDE will manage the warranty on behalf of the various manufacturers for devices sold limited to spare part availability.
Devices awaiting spares will only be replaced after 28 days from the date in awaiting spares
• Please note that all repairs can take up to 21 working days.
Warranty on the device will be voided should the device be seen to be damaged this includes, but is not limited to:
• Physical damage and/or misuse or abuse, liquid damage, repairs and/or product
modifications and alterations that are executed by unauthorised third parties.
• Modifying the exterior of the device by gluing, pasting or sticking 'decorative' images on the device can void the warranty if such attachments impact the interior mechanics of the device. Such attachments can also influence the strength of your network connectivity on the device.
• The downloading of illegal software, alteration of the IMEI number on your device, whether it has been deleted, removed or made illegible, or if the internal data of your device does not comply with the proof of purchase.
• Failing to properly follow the installation process and instructions for use, or if you use products or accessories that are not compatible with your device - such as generic accessories and other contaminated auxiliary devices.